Thứ Sáu, 11 tháng 3, 2016

A Trip To Palembang: Total Solar Eclipse 2016

The cloudy sky covered total solar eclipse 2016.
I happened to have the opportunity joining the crowd in Palembang on March 9, 2016 watching Solar eclipse. Arriving the night before the celestial event gave me only little time making some preparation. Since Palembang is the city where I grew and spent my teen age, I had no problem finding a place to stay overnight.

My problem was finding the viewing spot. In the morning, I arrived pretty late as the crowd already occupied almost the entire the bridge which was built in 1962 as the compensation to the loss of Indonesian from Japanese occupation. I struggled hard to reach the bridge as one kilometer away from the bridge all streets heading into the bridge were full with cars of all sorts as well as motor bikes. When I got to the foot of the bridge, the crowd already spilled into the water fountain, in front of the mosque of Agung, impossible for me weaving among the enthusiasts to find watching spot.

An idea came into my mind, an ideal place might be along the river bank. I stepped back, then, and strolled along the outer side of the bridge moving toward the river bank. Again, my effort failed as so many solar eclipse enthusiasts also packed along the river bank. I, then, decided to rent as motor boat to take me to the middle of the river as my best watching spot. I had my perfect viewing spot then, exactly, in the middle of musi river.

As time lapsed, to my disappointment, the sky was cloudy. Although my presence was in time for the total solar eclipse, it seemed the first contact already took place, the time when I got to the foot of the bridge, but covered by the cloud. The cloud coverage went on until the total solar eclipse.The moment of blackout in the ampera was lit by colorful lights and whistles played by the crowd on the bridge.
The Moment of Total Solar Eclipse 2016 over The Ampera Bridge.

Source: @irdan_muhammad

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến